Mitt Romney Meet and Greet Concord, NH 11/25/07 TRANSCRIPT: REPORTER: Maybe he can get away with that? MITT ROMNEY: I think it's a very ironic posture for him to take, to be talking about personal judgment when I nominated an individual who had served 17 years a prosecutor, nothing in the past in this individual indicated that they would be anything other than a law and order judge, a serious err in judgment so that why I've asked for them to resign. In this case-in his case, he nominated a person who was a very close confidant, godfather-parent to their children, an individual he's worked with for years, who is under investigation and uh, this record is a very different setting, one which certainly calls into question his judgment in making that selection. That's why it was such a strange thing for him to make this kind of an attack on me when the Bernie Kerik story came out, you know I basically kept quiet on it. I said its sad and disappointing that Bernie Kerik has done this. I didn't make an attack on Mayor Giuliani. And then to have him attack me, selecting an individual who served 17 years as a prosecutor I thought was a very strange turn of events. Suggests a level of desperation, perhaps born out by the polls in New Hampshire. REPORTER: Can you talk about contrasts with him on family values, are you also talking about his personal history, personal life? ROMNEY: No, I'm talking about his stand on abortion, on life. He is pro-choice like Hillary Clinton. He is in ...


edit post

0 Reply to "Romney: Meet and Greet 11/25/07"

  • Post a Comment